“Sleep is that golden chain that ties health and our bodies together.” – Thomas Dekker
Everyone knows the expression “getting your beauty rest” and it is absolutely true! In order to look and feel your best, you need to get enough sleep at night.
Actors and models especially need to get their beauty sleep since they tend to have long working days that are all caught on camera. For this week’s Tip Tuesday, MAX Agency would like to give you all some advice regarding your sleep schedule to ensure you wake up looking and feeling your best before your big audition or shoot!
1. Adults need an average of 7-9 hours of sleep a night. Children and teens need even more than that. Pay attention to when you’re going to bed and when you’re waking up to make sure you’re meeting these requirements to function your best along with allowing your skin to regenerate.
2. Remove your makeup before bed. Leaving your makeup on overnight results in facial issues such as acne.
3. Tie your hair up. Keeping your hair away from your face throughout the night will result in less tangles in the morning. Hair also contains oils that when rubbed against your face can cause acne.
4. Dry your hair before bed. There are shower-in-the-morning-people and shower-at-night-people. If you shower at night, make sure your hair is dry before going to bed as sleeping with damn hair can cause breakage. The moisture on your scalp and pillow can also cause bacteria to breed and cause acne.
5. Don’t use electronics in bed. While very tempting to check Instagram before you fall asleep, staring at a screen right before bed will just keep you up. Place your phones and laptops away from your bed therefore you don’t get distracted by every notification you receive throughout the night.
6. Create a bedtime routine. Create a routine of things to do before bed that avoid screens. Write in a journal, shower, catch up with your spouse/roommates, read, meditation, etc.
7. Keep a consistent bedtime. Going to bed at the same time every night will get your body and mind into a routine. You should find it easier to fall asleep.
Follow these tips and you should wake up looking and feeling your best to rock that audition or shoot!
For more weekly beauty tips, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! Never miss a moment with MAX Agency!
MAX Agency is a successful model and talent agency in Toronto, representing men, women and children. Max Agency is involved in providing actors, models and entertainers for the film, television, fashion and advertising industries as well as appearance in trade shows, promotions and special events.
If you would like to book one of our talent for an upcoming project, get in touch today! http://maxagency.com/contact.php
If you want to join our roster and start auditioning in Toronto, apply here! http://www.maxagency.com/application.php
To see our awesome talent check out our roster at http://www.maxagency.com/
MAX’s Company Profile: http://maxagency.com/company-profile.php
MAX FAQ: http://maxagency.com/faq.php