We often get questions about trying to get into the child modeling industry. A lot of parents invest time and money to get their child into the industry only to find out it wasn’t the right fit for them. We’ve put together our top 5 tips when considering getting your child into the industry.
- Make sure your child is really interested in being in the industry. There’s nothing worse than a parent forcing a child into the industry who does not want to do it. Test the waters before making a commitment to make sure your child is really interested in doing this.
- Do your research when it comes to agencies and other jobs that you are getting your child involved in. We’ve seen so many newbies starting out that end up going with agencies that are not good for their child’s career, classes that are not helpful or fashion shows and shoots that are not beneficial for their career.
- While it is definitely possible to get into an agency from a standard snapshot, if you are having trouble getting noticed sometimes a great new headshot can make them take a second look. A great photographer can highlight the best features in your child, so it can sometimes be the little push they need to get started.
4. Do not get in the way of your child’s career. We’ve seen so many situations where everyone loves the kid, but they don’t get booked because of parents that are difficult to work with.
5. Make sure you are committed and available before getting into the industry. There’s a lot of work involved between castings, bookings, fittings, etc. so make sure you are willing to put in the time or have a great support system to help you and your child along your journey.
MAX Agency is a successful Toronto modeling agency representing men, women and children. MAX provides talent for the film, television, fashion and advertising industries as well as appearance in trade shows, promotions and special events.
If you want to join our roster, apply here.
To see our awesome talent check out our roster.