“A good laugh heals a lot of hurts.” — Madeleine L’Engle
On Let’s Laugh Day, we are reminded of the many health benefits of laughter for your mind, body and soul. Today for #TipTuesday, MAX wanted to share some of those benefits with our audience and encourage everyone to find a reason to laugh today!
Health Benefits of Laughing
- Laughter relaxes the body by relieving it of tension and stress.
- Laughter released endorphins which make you feel good and can even reduce physical pain.
- Laughter burns calories. Not by crazy amounts but it has been proven that laughing for 10 to 15 minutes can burn 40 calories.
- Laughter helps your immune system protect your body by decreasing stress hormones which increase immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies.
- Laughter helps your heart by improving the function of blood vessels and blood flow.
- Laughter improves your mood. You can’t help but feel positive emotions when you’re laughing.
- Laughter attracts others to you. When people see you laughing, they want to join in on your laughter which helps you build relationships.
This last benefit is most applicable to all of MAX Agency’s actors and models. Laughing and smiling during an audition or meeting is a great way to impress the clients as they will want to work with someone so positive!
Here are some ways to laugh more today and everyday!
- Watch a funny movie, show or Youtube video.
- Attend a comedy club.
- Spend time with humorous people.
- Smile more.
- Welcome more humour into your life.
- Play with your pets or children.
- Make plans with friends to do fun activities.
- Scroll through a meme page on social media.