Congratulations to Kristine Petsinis for booking the Department of Finance Government Public Service Announcement Photoshoot. She’ll be shooting tomorrow wednesday March 4th. WE wish you all the best Kristine, and know that you’re sweet and vibrant personality will show through!!
Congratulations to Sam J. and Sam M. for their callbacks for Crispy Minis. We wish you all the best tomorrow as you knock em dead a second time!!
We want to wish MAX Talent Henry L. all the best this morning on set as he shoots a Children’s Health PSA. His charming smile and bright personality will surely warm everyone on set.
MAX Talent Dean T. has an amazing opportunity tomorrow. He is auditioning for a Pilot TV show called Damien. We wish you all the best tomorrow Dean and we know you will be wonderful!!
Good Luck to Hayden A. tomorrow for his audition for ROGERS TAKE OUT FOR TWO! All the best Hayden and we will be crossing our fingers for you!
Tips for a Successful Modeling Career
Whether you’ve just started out as a model or you’ve been a model for a while. There are some things you need to know in order to have a long and lucrative career as a model. Models come in all shapes and sizes for a variety of projects. So as long as you are willing to learn and follow some, or all, of these tips you should be able to make it as a model no matter what your shape and size.
Tip#1: Modeling is a Business
As a model you are your own business. Just like with any business it will take time, effort and commitment in order for that business to gro and be lucrative. The same goes for modeling. You need to put in the time to not only go to auditions, but keep yourself in shape, get enough rest and look your best. You want to make a good first impression at all the auditions you go to.
Tip #2: Present Yourself as the Perfect Candidate
You want to make sure you have confidence. Even if in the beginning this means you have to fake it. It’s important to know that you have confidence. But don’t let that get the better of you. Also make sure you have a friendly disposition as well as good manners. The easier you are to work with the more likely you are to get the job. Also remember to be YOU!
Tip #3: Attend as Many Castings as possible.
A casting is a job interview for models (and actors). So the more you go to and can present yourself in a positive way, the more chances you have of landing the job. Also make sure to show up prepared. Know what it is they are casting for, know what they are looking for as well as what will be expected of you.
Tip #4: Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle
Drink plenty of water ( it will hydrate your skin, as well as give you a healthy glow), get plenty of rest ( to avoid dark circles and heavy makeup), and try and maintain a healthy diet. Eating foods high in sugar, fats and other toxins can cause your skin to not only look dull but break out as well. In the end as a model ensuring you have a healthy natural glow about you will help set you apart, And will help you feel energized as well.
Again remember You are your OWN business. As much as we like to think its about being at the right place at the right time, so much work and effort will go into your career from yourself. So go out there and knock ‘em dead!
All the best to Alexa W. for her shoot on Monday February 23rd! This is unfortunately a secrete project until it is released! I can’t wait to see the photos when it is!
As the year progesses things are beginning to pick up. As the weather changes, (hopefully turning warmer and sunnier) people become busier and more pre-occupied with being outdoors. More auditions start popping up for all ages. So her are a few things to remember when you have an audition. A sort of checklist as you will.
1. Make sure you have the address and contact information on a piece of paper. You never know when your phone or tablet will die.
2. Do you have your resume? They may not ask for it however its always a good idea to have a couple of copies on hand
3. Do you have enough comp cards? You may only leave one, or you may leave 3 or 4. It’s a good idea to take 4-5 just in case. If you have a spare plastic pouch/pocket in your portfolio book put them in there. Then you’ll never have to worry.
4. Did you remember to take your portfolio? Especially for print ads and any modelling auditions its important to have your portfolio. They want to see what you look like in print and also your diversity.
5. Breathe. This may sound simple and like it shouldn’t be stated, however, many people when they get nervous or anxious will hold their breath. It is important to keep the oxygen flowing. It will also help calm you and allow you to think more clearly when asnwe4ring questions and saying your lines.
6. Have fun! Again sounds like it is obvious. However often we get so caught up in wanting the job so badly we forget to enjoy the experience. Enjoy it for what it will offer you. You may not get the job, but that big casting director saw you and you never know what will happen in the future!
So go out and audition your butts off MAX Talents!! Oh and HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEARS!!
Congratulations to ADAM C. for booking a 2 day shoot! You’re unique look and amazing positivity will definitely help you while on set! Can’t wait to see the photos.
The Weather may be frightful, however it is the season for friends and families to plan vacations to sunny beaches and warm spots. If this is you don’t forget to let the office and your bookign agent know you will be away! Here’s to making the most of winter and midterm breaks!